I am finally excited for a collection this year! I don’t know why, but for the last year or so I’ve been completely bored with collections coming out. I think it’s due to the lack or originality in the colors … but come on, there is a definite number of colors that can exist in the world and that are suitable for sale (ie a company would make money selling that product). So I can’t be too mad about nail polish companies releasing the same shade of red or pink over and over again. I also can’t complain too much about how I’ve seen everything before and I don’t want to waste my money on something that I already own from another company. But this collection actually has me factoring in the costs into my beauty budget and putting a big star in my day planner for when it hits stores!!
It’s not secret, as long as you can scroll through my blog, to know that I love glitter. I’m a glitter junkie, I own just as many glitter shades as I do regular shades. Every time I paint my nails I think about what glitter I can put over top to make my manicure last an extra day. This may sound insane to some people who think glitter is too little-girl or who shutter at the thought of the removal process but I really do love glitter polish. Glitter and creme shades are my favorite finishes to wear so the fact that this collection is half glitter is making me hypothetically drool. Last years Burlesque collection had me interested, but I only ended up buying 1 shade and that has been sitting on my shelf for so long completely unused. I liked the shades, but they were almost too fine of glitters for me to really love wearing them on every finger, so the only one I own has been cast down to merely accent nail worthy. But judging from the promotional pictures, these glitters look like a chunky, shiny mess and I’m so excited! So lets roll through the shades …
From Left to Right:
– “Getting Piggy with It”: a cherry, pin-up red glitter with smaller pieces of round silver glitter
– “Excuse Moi”: a fuchsia, bright pink glitter
– “Fresh Frog of Bel Air”: a crayon green glitter with smaller pieces of round silver glitter
– “Gone Gonzo”: an aqua green glitter with smaller pieces of round silver glitter
From Left to Right:
– “Rainbow Connection”: a rainbow glitter with various size glitter pieces
– “Divine Swine”: a pinky-purple glitter, almost magenta, with smaller round silver glitter
– “Warm and Fozzie”: a metallic copper
– “Designers De Better”: a metallic beige, not silver and not gold but somewhere in between
From Left to Right:
– “Pepe’s Purple Passion”: a merlot looking creme shade
– “Wocka Wocka”: a burgundy creme shade
– “Meep Meep Meep”: I can’t figure out if this is a red with some pink or a pink with some red, creme shade
– “Animalistic”: a bright red creme with some orange hues to it
I am honestly planning on purchasing half of this 12 piece collection. I’m not a huge fan of metallics so I will probably just glance at those in the store to see if they are better in person, but I am majorly eyeing all the glitters except for Excuse Moi. That shade I’m not completely sold on from the promotional materials because I’m not a fan of those shades in general and in contrast to the other glitters, there doesn’t seem to be any silver pieces to set that glitter apart and make it unique. And Rainbow Connection, although looks so much fun, I feel may be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann’s “Happy Birthday”, which I now own 2 of, and companies like Sephora by OPI, Nicole by OPI, Wet ‘n Wild and Milani (just to name a few, there are more) have already come out with extremely similar shades. That glitter would have been unique 2 years ago but now the market is flooded with confetti like, multicolored glitters. But the surprise love that I really do want is going to be Pepe’s Purple Passion. I don’t know why, but that shade is calling to me … maybe its my inner child finally starting to grow up and realizing that colors like that are uber classy.
All of these shades will be available in November, but I’m still hunting for the exact release date, and no doubt will go fast. I’m so excited for this holiday season because it looks like other companies, not just OPI, will be appealing to my pocketbook.