It has been a while since I have done a mascara review. Actually, its been a while since I’ve done any type of makeup review. I have really been trying not to buy any new makeup, for my wallet and the fact that I have limited space in my apartment. But I finally cracked and bought a few new mascaras because I have officially used up all of my open mascaras (except for one). Browsing through the infinite number of drugstore mascaras, I saw the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Volume. I LOVED that mascara when it first came out and contemplated buying it again and then I realized that I never tried the original. So I decided to give it a shot and picked up the original Lash Stiletto to see if it lives up its volumizing predecessor.
The brush is long and thin. This brush is ridiculously long, but I don’t mind it. It is longer than my eye and a little square in shape. The bristles are the traditional style bristles rather than the rubberized wands. The brush is slightly tapered to a slimmer end, but not a ton to make a huge difference.
What I Like:
- I like the length that my lashes have with this mascara. It’s just a lengthening mascara and doesn’t promise any volume.
- I have found (through experience and not really evident in this picture) that if you layer on the coats you do get some volume.
- I like that it gives me that “million lashes” look. Instead of having a very thick black base, it looks like it coats each individual lash and makes it more prominent.
- I like that it doesn’t clump
What I Don’t Like:
- It looks a little flakie. I have found that every Maybelline mascara I have ever used I get flakes, and it looks like it would flake too
- I wish it did give more volume rather than having to pile on the product.
Overall, I really like this mascara for the summer because I’m not wearing a ton of makeup, so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing a ton of mascara if I walk out the door just wearing this and a tinted moisturizer. Its really easy to apply and I can get away with doing 2 quick coats without worrying that I’m going to have a spider lash mess. BUT, the Lash Stiletto volume is MUCH MUCH better. I would definitely prefer that mascara because it gives the same length and its just as easy to apply, but it gives volume. Right now, I’m using this as my primary mascara and would probably buy it again, but I still prefer the other one. But either way, you get flakes and that just comes with the territory of Maybelline mascara.
What do you guys think? Have any of you used this mascara or the volume one? What are your favorite mascaras!?