Day 10: Makeup inspired by a celebrity
I have been sort of putting off this post for a while because I knew exactly who I was going to emulate in my makeup and all of her looks are very smokey and heavy. Yes, I’m talking about Carrie Underwood, my girl crush (sorry if that offends anyone). I am in love with her and seriously think I have more than just fan feelings for her. Maybe I won’t go that far, but I love her and her music and am a little obsessed. And I love her makeup! She always wheres a very smokey brown eye and neutral face and lips. She does switch it up a little but smokey browns are her signature look.
I don’t wear smokey looks all that often so I needed an occasion to do this makeup. I have a date tonight with my boyfriend and we’re going to a swanky martini bar restaurant so I figured that a smokey look would be really fun and sexy.
Keep reading for more pictures and the products I used!
Eyes: The only shadows I used were from the Urban Decay Naked palette.
– Half Baked in my inner corner, above and on the lower lash line until my eyelashes start
– Sidecar across 2/3 of my lid from the inner corner
– Hustle and Buck mixed for the crease
– Hustle in the outer v
– Buck and Naked mixed as the best friend color
– Virgin as the eye brow highlight
– Smog all along my lower lash line
– Creep to darken the outer v
(that was almost all the colors in the palette!)
– Tart emphasize eye liner on the lower and upper waterlines. Eyeliner on the waterline is set with creep from the naked palette
– Tart emphasize liner on the upper lash line and smudged out and then set with corresponding eye shadow of that portion of the eye (set with half baked in the inner corner, sidecar in the middle, hustle at the outer corner, etc.)
– Lioeli Beyond the Solution BB cream and Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted moisturizer mixed together
– Garnier anti-dark circles eye roller as my concealer
– Sephora mattifying powder to set it
– Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Smooth Talker as my blush
– Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 21 Sunlight in my contour
– Chapstick on my lips
Hope you guys liked this!!