Another day of the “This is Halloween” Nail Art Challenge! The whole reason I did this challenge was because of the zombie day! I absolutely love zombies! I’m a HUGE Walking Dead fan, I love any George A. Romero movie, and have zombie movie marathons all the time. Also, I have a recurring nightmare where everyone is turning into a zombie but me!
Needless to say, I’m a little obsessed. So I tried to be a little more creative for this day’s challenge then I have been to date.
I tried to make it like zombie flesh with dried blood dripping down! At the moment I don’t have a matte top coat, but I think if you made the flesh part matte and the blood still shimmery that would have brought the whole thing together.
How I got these zombie nails!
- Color Club “High Society” as a base, which is a cool toned nude polish
- Julep “Jessica” sponged on the 4 corners of the each nail, so on the left and right base of the cuticle and left and right tip of the nail. I just put 4 or 5 dots around the perimeter of my nail and then used a cosmetic sponge to blend it a little. Jessica is a light sky blue
- China Glaze “Zombie Zest” applied in the same way as Jessica, dotted around the perimeter and sponged around the nail. I used Zombie Zest because it was basically required … this is a Zombie challenge so you have to used a zombie polish! Its a ultra shimmery olive green in a brownish green base
- (if you have a matte top coat, you should totally apply one after you’re done with the Zombie Zest because it would make it look amazing!)
- Sephora by OPI “I’m with Brad” as the dried blood. Its a dark burgundy brown with a subtle red shimmer. I applied it with a tooth pick and created the shapes I wanted.
What do you guys think? Do you love zombies as much as I do? Would you try out this manicure?