Although I have “technically” been blogging for more than just one year, it wasn’t until last January that I really began to take blogging seriously. I created my blog a year and a half ago but sporadically posted and my pictures and posts were pretty crappy. I made it my New Years resolution to blog every day for an entire year and I’m happy to announce that I pretty much accomplished my goal.
And in the last year I’ve discovered a lot about myself as well as discovered a lot of other blogs. I’ve met many girls who I admire for their creativity and some I’m happy to say have become my friends. I’m getting a little sappy, but this time of the year kind of does that to some people.
I was so honored when I was nominated for the Blog of the Year Award by ThePolishAlcoholic! For any of you who haven’t checked her out, her blog is amazing and I’m insanely jealous of her nails! I’m honored and humbled to be nominated at all, but I think this is a really cool concept!
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
I think this is such a cool concept because you can be nominated for this award a number of times, and you just change your icon every time you’re nominated again. And from some of the other blogs that I’ve seen, the bloggers include 7 random facts about themselves. So … here it goes!
- I’m a TV addict! I have a problem and I freely admit it. I have on average 3 shows every single night of the week that I DVR, and that dZenoraoesn’t include random shows I find just flipping through channels. Some favorites include: Once Upon a Time, Dexter, True Blood, Walking Dead, Shameless, Pretty Little Liars, Teen Mom, American Horror Story, Nashville, Revenge, Modern Family, Top Chef, Greys Anatomy, and the list goes on and on and on. I have a problem!
- I could eat peanut butter every single day and never get sick of it. Its my favorite food of all time.
- I’m also a travel junkie and really want to travel the world. I try to take at least 1 big vacation every year and to date I’ve been to over 20 different countries. Last year it was England, Scotland and Ireland and hopefully this year it will be somewhere in Asia or South America. I also take about 3 mini vacations a year, somewhere around the US, usually for about 4 or 5 days.
- Although I’m addicted to TV, I’m a major book worm. I love to read and have about 20 books on my bookcase that I still need to read.
- I wish I was more stylish 😦
- My favorite scent in the entire world is Lilac
- I’m a huge sports fan! It might not seem like it because I love nails and makeup but I love football just as much as OPI
Some amazing bloggers that deserve this honor as well are!
- Zenorah! Because she’s one of my best friends that I’ve made on YouTube and blogging
- Yukie (aka WarmVanillaSugar0823)! Because she was my inspiration to start making videos and to start blogging. She has worked so hard to get the recognition she rightfully deserves
- Melissa at HorredousColor and PinkLadyBeauty! Because she was the first person to ever nominate me for any award ever! And I really think that it was her that gave me the inspiration I needed to continue blogging
- ThePolishAlcoholic! Because I’m insanely jealous of her nails and she’s the sweetheart that nominated me! (You deserve all 6 stars girl!)
- Radha at ThePolishOwl! Because she’s my favorite girl on Twitter and Instagram! Her tweets make my day and she knows more about indie nail polish than I ever will!
- Shannon at Eyemasq! Because I absolutely love her posts about makeup and her knowledge about lipstick! Also, she was one of my first readers (I’m pretty sure) and still comments on almost every post! She’s so sweet!
Thank you all for supporting me and continuing to read throughout the last year!