Happy New Years Eve everyone, depending on where you are in the world! This post is going to be a little different for me, as this won’t be a post about nail polish or makeup. I guess this is just a little recap of 2012 and my hopes for 2013.
2012 was a strange but somewhat great year for me. I started off the year in Ireland, which to me is really symbolic to go back and see where my family originates, where mother and grandfather come from. After I came back from Ireland, I did some major soul searching and came up with 2 New Years resolutions:
- Blog every single day of 2012
- Lose weight (isn’t that every females New Years resolution?)
I’m happy to announce that I did 345 blog posts and soon to be 346 after this in 2012. So that isn’t quite 366 posts that I wanted, since 2012 was a leap year, but being only 20 posts off isn’t bad and I’ll say that is a resolution accomplished. I’m also half happy to announce that I lose 25 pounds in 2012 just by changing up my diet. I think I probably gained half of that back from the holidays, but every accomplishment is something to celebrate.
Also in 2012 I finished my first year of law school, which is an accomplishment in itself since the drop-out/kick-out rate at my school was roughly more than 10%. In my particular section, we started with 50 and are now down to 44 and some of those 44 dropped down to part time. I also got my first real time internship in 2012, tried out and made my schools law review, and ended my first year of school with acceptable GPA.
In the fall of 2012 I started my second year of law school and went through the hardest semester of my life. I haven’t gotten my grades back to see how well I did, but just finishing it was an accomplishment in itself. And being able to blog and make videos for my YouTube channel on a consistent basis while I was going through academic hell is still surprising to me.
In terms of my online life, I went from around 200 subscribers on my YouTube channel to almost 2000. That may not seem like a lot to some people, especially compared to MissGlamourazzi and Fowler sisters, but that is more than I ever thought I would get! I still love doing it as much as I did when I first started almost a year and a half ago and probably even more now. On my blog, I went from 0 followers (or at least I think) to some number that I still can’t figure out (who knows how to figure out how many followers you have? does it go by email followers, wordpress followers, bloglovin followers, or a weird combo of the 3?).
Anyways, my online life is probably my biggest accomplishment so I want to say THANK YOU! Even if no one reads this long ass message, thank you for all of you who comment, who like my posts and those who visit! It means more than you know because if I didn’t have those who support me, I wouldn’t be doing this at all.
I have a few goals for 2013, and after having a good year in 2012 I’m hoping that I haven’t done anything to mess up my karma for 2013. I’m always superstitious that you can’t have a great year and then another great year but instead the universe gives and takes. But hopefully 2013 will be just as good if not better! So here are some of my goals:
- Lose another 40-50 pounds (depending on how my body looks or how I feel)
- Blog every day (or almost! as close to every day as I can)
- Turn my free blog into a .com and learn more about the whole blogging “thing”
- Reach 10,000 subscribers on YouTube (this one might be lofty, but here’s to hoping!)
- Move out of my loft apartment into a bigger place, perhaps one with my own mani-cave (name totally stolen from Work/Play/Polish!)
- Combine my YouTube and Blog more. Right now I’m blogging and posting videos and when I remember I post a video on here. I really want to start messing the two together, because it seems like I’m working hard on each and there’s a big disconnect. I see in the comments of my videos that people didn’t know I had a blog that I worked on every day, and people on my blog didn’t know I made videos as well. I actually started making videos before I started my blog and this blog was supposed to be an extension of my videos. Now, I have more hits on my blog than YouTube channel! So I want to try to combine the two more effectively.
- Get a legal job!
That is a lot! But those are my real resolutions, and are half about my “real” life and half about my online life. I can’t wait to talk to you guys in 2013 and can’t thank you enough for an awesome 2012. I wish you guys all the best and hope you have a great New Year!
What are your resolutions for 2013?