I absolutely love tag videos on YouTube and do them whenever they come around, whether I’m tagged by someone or not. So when the beautiful Luchessa tagged me to do the 11 Questions Tag for my blog, I didn’t hesitate. Actually, I read her post, saw my name, and immediately began a new post.
Rule 1: Post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger asked you, then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people [ or how many you feel like ] and link them to your post
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them
And here we go …
1. When you turn off all technology, what do you enjoy doing the most when you’re alone?
Reading. I’m such a book worm. Its actually a problem sometimes because I can get lost in a book and forget all about the real world. When I’m in school I don’t do as much reading for fun, which is something that I really regret. But this summer I’ve been a reading machine. Right now I’m reading Dan Brown “Inferno”
2. If you had the chance to contribute to a charity of your choice, who would you help?
Either a blood cancer charity or a animal rescue charity. My boyfriend is a survivor of hodgkin’s lymphoma and I’ve also rescued 2 animals in my life. So both are close to my heart.
3. What’s in your purse (travel bag, beach bag) that you’re embarrassed about?
Check out my “Whats in my Purse” video! I had all sorts of weapons (shank, daggers, knives, the list goes on) in my purse.
4. A show you’ve always wanted to watch, but you never did?
The Sopranos and Nip/Tuck. I’ve always wanted to watch both, and I don’t really know whats stopping me since I have Netflix.
5. What is the best advice that you have been given?
Its a very very long story that is an inside joke between my mom, friends and family. Aside from the funny circumstances that brought about the advice (which I will keep to myself), my mom gave me some advice when I was applying for college. I was really down on myself because like a lot of young people, I goofed off and wasn’t serious about school until later and then all of the bad grades from my early years were bringing my GPA down.
She told me that life is all about the various paths or roads that you can travel down, and no matter how you find yourself on that road, its your responsibility to make that road the best road. Does that make any sense? You may be stuck in the situation you’re in, but you can always make the best out of it.
6. A beauty product, that you’re dreaming of, but still haven’t gotten yet?
The Jouer Matte Moisture Tint! Confession, I bought it already and its in my mail and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
7. Which blogger or youtube vlogger had the biggest impact on you so far and why?
The people who have had the biggest impact on my life are the girls who aren’t popular or have a large following. I’ve gotten to know so many amazing girls from this experience. Luchessa inspires me with her enthusiasm, motivation, kindness and overall amazingness. Zenorah has become one of my best friends! Yukie has made my nail polish collection grow exponentially and made me have a new appreciation for high end makeup. And Melissa has inspired me to expand my horizons, try new things, not be afraid to downsize my wardrobe, and I really admire her knowledge, personality, lady-like-ness (is that a word?) and warm soul.
8. What is the worst thing to say on a first date? (personal experience?!)
Probably that it the first date isn’t a date and they’re just looking to hook up! How crushing is that, to think its a date and someone is interested, to just find out that they aren’t on the same page and just looking for sex.
9. A beauty fail: What’s the high-end product that you’re disappointed about?
Probably the Jo Malone perfumes. They’re so expensive and hard for me to get my hands on since I don’t have a Jo Malone counter near me. I do love the linear and uncomplicated scents! I own 3 Jo Malones and love how they smell and love that I can combine scents to get something truly original.
My gripe with the Jo Malone perfumes is that they have a lasting power of about 3 hours max! It drives me nuts because something that is like $100 for a big bottle should last on my skin for a while. I feel like I’m just putting water on my skin sometimes, especially in the summer when I just sweat it off within an hour.
10. What is your personal “fashion no – go”? (a style that came back & you still don’t understand why)
I really don’t understand the 90s fashion that is going around right now. Like the light wash baggy jeans with crop tops and flannels. I like some aspects but I go on instagram and see Kylie Jenner wearing jean overall shorts with a crop top and cringe a little inside. I’m sorry for all of you who are digging that style right now, I just can’t!
11. What would you say to a newbie in the blogosphere? Any tips?
Be consistent, be patient and network! I have known so many girls who do it for a few months and then give up because they don’t have 10,000 followers. It took me 5 months of making videos before I got 100 subscribers. I’ve been making videos for 2 years and I’m just now at 3,100 subscribers. It doesn’t happen overnight and honestly you don’t really want it to happen over night.
Consistency is another huge thing. If you put up a single post in a week, you won’t have a large number of followers. I didn’t get any followers until last year when I challenged myself to blog every single day in 2012. I am happy to say I was just shy of that goal, but that is how other bloggers found me.
Networking is another huge thing, and the thing I struggle with the most. Meeting other bloggers, connecting to other people, participating in blog hops, doing guest blog posts, commenting on other peoples blogs, etc etc etc. That is the best way to get yourself noticed and to also make some friends. I have the hardest time with that and am working on trying to become much better.
So those are the 11 Questions, and now onto my 11 questions!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What made you start a blog?
- What weapon would you bring with you in the zombie apocalypse?
- Would you rather only be able to wear 1 lipstick for the rest of your life or 1 nail polish?
- How do you take your coffee? And if you don’t drink any, what do you drink in the morning?
- What is your favorite beauty product right now?
- What makes you feel the sexiest? (an article of clothing, a certain lipstick shade, a pair of shoes, etc?)
- What is your favorite blog or YouTube channel?
- What is one thing that you truly admire in another person?
- What is your favorite color to wear on your nails right now?
- (stealing this from Luchessa!) What advice would you give to someone who’s thinking about starting a blog or YouTube channel?
And I Tag!
Sabrina (The Polish Alcoholic)
and anyone else who wants to do this!
Thanks for reading and I hope y’all have a good day!